Translate

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Epilepsy Update 03 March 2017


Yesterday was a good day 😊

My head was clear right from the moment I awoke yesterday morning- meaning that the epileptic daze, or that feeling in the brain that I always write about, was only very, very, very light. My heart was peaceful and my spirit easy as I nipped on my first cup of coffee in bed, thanking God for another day and asking him to watch over me and to give me the wisdom to help the people that I had appointments with at work that day. Not everybody reading this may be able to understand that, but I start each and every day that way, giving the day to God and asking for his help and wisdom to help the clients I will be serving on that day, knowing that I don't stand a chance without his help. Anyone who has read this blog knows what condition my brain is in much of the time, how on many days even the simplest things like making sandwiches for work in the morning or crossing the road without getting run over by a car can be a challenge. Yet it's my job to counsel broken people and to help them get back on their feet emotionally and psychologically. How am I to do that when I myself am so terribly sick, when my own brain doesn't work right anymore? Believe me, I can only do that with God's help!

When I go into a counseling session with my brain completely lost in that epileptic daze, and my charge goes away a couple of hours later feeling better and having made a few steps more progress in some area of his or her life, do you want to tell me that it was me who brought that about, me being in such desperate condition myself? That happens day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year. 

It can only be God...

So yes, I give each day to him and ask for his help and wisdom each and every morning as I drink my first cup of coffee in bed. Then I get up and get ready for work, and just trust that he'll do it, no matter what condition my brain is in. I know he'll do it because I've seen it a million times. 




No comments:

Post a Comment