Translate

Friday, February 24, 2017

Epilepsy Update 24 February 2017



What a horrifying week it was...
Another monster migraine, and it's still going on as I write this. 


Let me start with something positive however. Last week was a pretty good week with only a couple of light complex partial seizures. My old friend the epileptic daze was fairly light as well the whole week- and throughout the weekend too. Come to think of it Monday was a good day too, and I really thought I was in one of those really good phases and began hoping it would last forever. 

But I woke up with a raging migraine on Tuesday morning. I struggle for words to describe how debilitating it was, how horrifying. I felt barely human. Thought was barely possible. I was lost in a thick fog. I stared at the world, yet was not entirely able to grasp what I was seeing. I felt like I weighed a ton. The thought of getting ready and going to work felt like an impossible task, let alone working all day. 

The automatic processes I wrote about in the entry called "Epilepsy and Working" kicked in, and I got out of bed and got going. My body took over and did all the necessary things to get ready for work, while I myself was in a blinding daze- and fighting to keep from getting tied up in knots inwardly. 

I spent that entire day on automatic, lost in that blinding daze, sometimes even having vision and motor skills difficulties. I was so exhausted by afternoon that I felt like I was going to collapse on the way home from my last appointment- which had been in town. It was like each and every step took massive effort. 

The migraine was just a little better on Wednesday, but still debilitating. It's stayed at that level since then. 

This is exhausting. I have to be careful too, because there comes a point- after days with a migraine- where my nerves get so shot that I can easily become aggressive- not physically, but I'm in danger of snapping at people in impatience, for example. 

I doubt that this is interestingly written, and it's short, but I'm going to quit here...

No comments:

Post a Comment